Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The First Day of School

I really want to write a nice long post about how great my first day was.

I really want to write about how I loved being around adults again.

I want to write about how I sobbed all the way through "Guess How Much I Love You" when I put my baby to bed last night.

I want to tell you all about my kids.

I want to share my success with my first Daily 5 lesson ever.

I want to tell you how much coffee I drank today. And the donut I ate.

I want to tell you about the number of times I stared at my baby's picture.

I want to write about my lack of ability to complete my day plan for tomorrow and my confusion as to where this skill has gone.

I want to tell you about the chaos of teaching at a school with 1375 students in K- 8 and 95% of those students are bussed. C.H.A.O.S.

I want to tell you about the beautiful smile on my baby's face when I came home from work today.

I want to tell you about how I wore high heels to work and took them off at lunch because I haven't worn high heels since before I got pregnant and my feet hurt.

I really want to tell you all about my day...

But what I want to do most of all is sleep.

4 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Go sleep!
Becca
Simply 2nd Resources

Rachel said...

I totally feel for you! I went back to the work the day my son turned 6 weeks old. I hope you had a great day, despite the exhaustion!

Rachel
Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

Tara said...

I hear ya girl!!! Rest and have a super rest of your week:)

4th Grade Frolics

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Hope you are getting some sleep. If it makes you feel any better the school where I teach has 1200 kids and we are PreK-5th. Have a great Year!

http://ericashep.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover