Friday, May 9, 2014

Meet the Co-Hosts: Thinking of Teaching


Since I asked all the book study co-hosts to share their deepest darkest secrets (just kidding) with you all, I figured it was only fair if I did the same!!

Beth: First and most important, coffee or tea?

Coffee!! I couldn't live without my Keurig machine or being able to stop at Tim Horton's!

Beth: Where is the world are you?

Although I am originally from a small town I now live in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. We are the fastest growing city in Canada (believe me...so much construction) and NO!! we are not part of Toronto!

Beth: What grades and subjects do you teach?

I currently teach Grade 3 but in the past I have taught everything from Grade 3 to Grade 8. For a long time Grade 7 and 8 were my passion but now that I have spent a few years with the little ones I am loving it! I teach all the subjects except music, gym, and art. 

Beth: Tell us a bit about your blog.

I originally started blogging when I was on my mat leave with my first daughter (and I am again on mat leave...daughter #2!). I am a nerd by nature. I love to learn, read books and share my ideas. Blogging just seemed like a natural progression. 

Beth: Tell us three interesting things about yourself.

Wow, this is a hard question...

1. I have 2 tattoos. One is a maple leaf by my ankle. My husband and I got tattoos together after our wedding. Both are maple leaf/Canadian symbols. We are proud Canadians. My second tattoo has actually been redone to symbolize the family members I have lost and it's on my left shoulder.

2. I always said I wasn't going to have any kids...and then one day, poof! I changed my mind. Now I have 2 wonderful little girls and wouldn't change a thing about my life. (Well, more sleep would be nice)

3. I love all kinds of crafts- knitting, crocheting, sewing, etc.

Beth: This summer I really want to...

Create more products for my TPT store, spend lots of time with my girls because my mat leave ends when the summer does, be outside, garden, swim...you name it! Also, I'll be training for a 5k Mud Hero run in August...yikes. 

Beth: Why did you want to be a co-host for the 100 Minutes Book Study?

Well, even though it's been 4 years since I transitioned from being a Grade 7 & 8 teacher to a primary teacher I still feel as though my literacy block needs some tweaking. I tried out The Daily 5 stuff and couldn't quite get it to fit into my style so I'm hoping this book will provide me with more guidance. 

And that's that...stay tuned next week for the posts introducing our great co-hosts!!


1 Brilliant Teaching Thoughts:

Beth said...

Mrs D,
Done and done!
Thanks for this opportunity.
Beth

Post a Comment

Hello!!
Thank you taking the time to leave a comment.
I truly appreciate it.
Beth

 
Pin It button on image hover